Thursday, April 6, 2017

When You Let The Frustration Fester...

I think that anger builds
You do not just fly of the handle at the slightest thing
There is a much bigger thing
A building force
It will push the anger that has been building over time up
Right from the soles of your feet to your neck
When people say i am up to my neck in...
I take it to mean,
From the neck downwards is irritation, anger, frustration,
A mix of all these negative emotions
And they are slowly pushing their way out
Woe unto you if you be the one at the receiving end,
Playfully slapping my cheek
When the vomit of anger
Has gone from the neck into my mouth
That tap on my cheek might be the undoing
Everything comes out
On you
You poor innocent person
You have absolutely no idea why I am screaming at you!
All you did was just...
And now, you are covered in angry vomit
And you do not know what you did
It was not you
Somebody planted a seed
And i did not uproot it immediately
I fed and watered it
I nurtured it
It grew and became bigger than me until I could not control it
They tell you to keep your eye on the milk as you boil it
One side glance and it has risen and spilled over
You have to watch it, one hand ready to turn the knob
That is just the way anger is
If you do not watch it and control it, it rises and spills over Right out of your mouth leaving a huge mess
Nobody likes to clean up a mess
The smell of burnt milk is also not funny
The smell of the aftermath of anger that exploded
The taste it leaves in your mouth
Speak your peace.
Deal with the thing in it's infancy
Get it off your chest
Clear the air
Do not, let the anger start a steady rise from the soles of your feet until your lips open, to make way for the ugliness of festered frustration

No comments:

Post a Comment