Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Micah

The eyes of a child can tell a story.
Same for the eyes of an adult, but i feel that the adult eye has seen so much that sometimes pain is masked by gratitude and joy comes off simply as pretense.
I believe that the eyes of a child tell no lie.

I saw Micah's picture today...I saw his eyes, i saw his posture, i saw his wide smile and i felt a calm in my stomach.
I have never met Micah. Yes, shame on me, bad manners on my part.
I have no excuse really just acceptance that i have not done what i have planned to do for a while. Forgive me Rach. I am just a procrastinator, with a quick apology.

In this picture
You have big beautiful eyes, i am not certain if that is a dark blue, purple or black but when i squint and look at you, your eyes cover half your face and tell me that you are of a pure heart.
Your smile, oh! The smile of a child, but yours is exceptional. I feel as though it was a laugh and the camera caught the moment
but no, it looks like a wide smile from a mouth that has not yet known teeth. The kind of smile that warms the heart and curls the toes.

I like that your parents gave you good hair, i would never forgive them if they didn't.

You have the cutest posture...look at your chubby little fingers, holding onto your pants. I can feel them around my neck but i can see them around your mothers neck, holding on tight because you know where you're safest.

I am amazed that time has flown this fast and that you can do all the things you do...i wonder what mischief you would be up to in the womb if she had had to carry you eighteen months. Forgive me Rach, i am simply wondering.

I pray Micah that you will grow into all of your names. I pray that you will grow into the man your parents are molding you to be, that you will pick up all their good and teach them all the light heartedness, forgiveness, kindness and boldness that comes with being at the stage you are at now.

I pray that your baby steps to adulthood will be daily lessons and encouragements to a stronger bond for mum and dad. That each time they look at you and the others that will follow you, they will remember just how beautiful a thing they can make together.

I have run out of words Micah, but i shall have more to say when i eventually do see you. I hope you have your mothers kind heart when i meet you and that you will smile at me and let me carry you a while.

4 comments: