Tuesday, December 6, 2016

The Story of Joy

Joy calls my name but i do not answer,
I suspect she has grown weary of calling to silence.
I do not blame her.
I just cannot begin to allow myself to make friends with a woman, (because i suspect joy is a woman), who will come into my life, fill me with gladness and then take a vacation when i have gotten used to her.

Joy sounds like a nice person, (If she were a person)
I suspect i might like her,
But i know i would be suspicious of her
She is that person who is too good to be true
Something must be wrong for somebody to want to give me a bit of gladness
I am suspicious, with good reason

Joy is like a good cup of tea
Perfect for cold days, healing for a cold and its friends
One ingredient missing and all you have is water and Sugar
Nice things are frustrating, they run out
And that, is why Joy and i are far apart

I keep her at arms length
I will smile at her but run off when she starts to smile back
I will send her flowers because i miss her
But i shall hide when she comes looking for me
I will watch her from my window
I will watch her embrace others and be glad for them

I like joy but i am afraid of her
I suspect that if i friend her and she leaves me, i might die
On the inside
If i haven't already.

4 comments:

  1. Ah... not really that one. I meant the story about real joy; Joy who is much deeper than feelings. Joy who is not only smiles and grins. Joy who is present even when I am in pain. Joy who comes from knowing that the sun always shines above the clouds. That Joy... You know her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. maybe joy comes and stays. maybe she is the silent listener to every conversation and the silent guest at our table...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great mediations. Imagine a girl that knows no man...that girl cant be hurt because she has not set herself to be happy. The day she determines to fall in love is the day joy will show her true nature- that joy is always fleeting and it doesnt care for you but its nature. Every major decision to better your position sets you up for the consequences of joy...the question remains, what do u want more?!!

    - “If the highest aim of a captainwere to preserve his ship, he would keep it in port forever.” – Thomas Aquinas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. “If the highest aim of a captainwere to preserve his ship, he would keep it in port forever.” – Thomas Aquinas.

    Love this quote.

    ReplyDelete