Monday, January 7, 2019

After the first year, I stopped apologising.

I had realised that this was not a responsibility meant to be handled alone and that if I tried, I was going to fail, and not just fail but cause harm in the failure. 
There is no isolation when it comes to raising a child. 
I guess that's why you cannot make one on your own. It takes two and then a village.
I cannot count how many sorry's I said and thank yous. 
I remember my brother constantly asking why I was apologising for asking him to give up his time and plans to come babysit or hold the baby while the doctor attended to me. 
I thought it was self explanatory. 
At some point, I even found it frustrating that he could very easily reject an apology that always came with so much guilt and fear that maybe he wouldn't make the time tomorrow. 
No need to apologise. 
Why are you apologising? 
Eventually, the sorry's had to go but the thank you's stayed.


3 comments:

  1. Wow! This is very impressive. I like the last part the most.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is very impressive. I like the last part the most.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need mentorship in writing by you

    ReplyDelete