Monday, January 7, 2019

Kalembe's son

I was looking for your father because nobody talks about him.

Everyone knows you as Kalembe's son and people have stopped asking questions. I thought the internet would tell me, because they say the answer to everything is now on google. Your mother is a famous woman. I figure some reporter somewhere was just as curious as I am about this man who nobody seems to know and maybe they had dug some and told all. Nothing.

Kalembe gave you all of her.
You have her eyes, her mouth and her hair. I know some people would describe you as a beautiful boy. You have the captivating look your mother had when I first met her, still has even now. You're just about as tall as she is and I know that in a few years, you will be much taller, staring down at us. I hope that it will not be with a haughty look. I hope you will be kind and smile as you look at us who have not grown to your height.






No comments:

Post a Comment